It's nice to have a little bit of the internet to myself.
1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself.”
— 6:11 p.m. (Six reminders for bad times)
Sports Editor at The Nation, Dave Zirin
Comic about slurs, published in the Galago magazine last summer.
And this is really how it is. Instead of placing the onus on us and asking why we don’t say anything, ask yourselves instead why you don’t think it’s a problem that it goes unchecked.
I really recommend reading the entire article. Trigger warning for discussion of rape and rape culture - it’s a tough article but very important.
(Thanks to byunbbi for submitting)
The (long overdue) part 2 to my other post
Rethink, Science World is well-known in Canada for award-winning and eye catching advertisements to educate the public.
I feel lonely and sad and I hope you have a great time but it’s kind of hard
I feel super insecure right now